Mr. Phileas Fogg lived, in 1872, at No. 7, Saville Row, Burlington Gardens, [England]...
- Un andro Phileas Fogg habe un eko tem anua 1872 to numera 7, Saville Row, Burlington Gardens in u natio England.
He was one of the most noticeable members of the Reform Club, though he seemed always to avoid attracting attention...
- An es mo ex plu maxi vista mero-pe de u grega-do "Reform" [boni muta]. Anti-co an panto-kron feno akti u tenta; an es ab plu vista [away from view].
Was Phileas Fogg rich? Undoubtedly.
- Qe Phileas Fogg habe pluto? Minus u dubi.
Had he travelled? It was likely, for no one seemed to know the world more familiarly...
- Qe an pa akti plu viagia? Id feno es tali, ka nuli-pe ma boni este u logi de Geo.
Phileas Fogg was not known to have either wife or children...
- Phileas Fogg ne habe u gina alo un infanti.
On this very 2nd of October he had dismissed James Forster, because that luckless youth had brought him shaving-water at eighty-four degrees Fahrenheit instead of eighty-six; and he was awaiting his successor, who was due at the house between eleven and half-past.
- Kron u la di, di 2 de meno 10, an pa apo u servi-pe James Forster, ka u la mali-fortuna juve andro pa moti ad an u facia-razo aqa de 84 gradu Fahrenheit vice 86. An kron akti atende de u seqe-pe; qi debi ki a domi inter 11:00 e 11:30.
A rap at this moment sounded on the door...
- U bate sti soni lo u porta.
A young man of thirty advanced and bowed.
- U juve andro ko 30 anua ki ad an, e akti u saluta per soma flexi.
"You are a Frenchman, I believe," asked Phileas Fogg, "and your name is John?"
- Phileas Fogg dice: "Tu es u France-pe - mi este tali kredi - e qe u nomina de tu es John?"
Replied the newcomer, "Jean Passepartout... I've had several trades. I've been an itinerant singer, a circus-rider... I have come to monsieur in the hope of living with him a tranquil life...
- U neo in-pe reakti: "Jean Passepartout. Mi pa habe poli ergo. Mi pa es: u viagia kanta-pe, u cirkus-pe. Mi nu ki a cefa-pe kausa u spe de un eko kon an per u paci bio."
"Now from this moment, twenty-nine minutes after eleven, a.m., this Wednesday, 2nd October, you are in my service."
- "Ab u ci minuta, 29 minuta po 11:00, kron u ci setimana di di-tetra, tu es de u servi de mi."
Phileas Fogg got up, took his hat in his left hand, put it on his head with an automatic motion, and went off without a word.
- Phileas Fogg gene orto [got upright], gene u kefa-ve per levo manu, moti akorda more id a kefa, e ki ab la minus mo verba.